Have you had an accident in the kitchen? You might not be surprised, if so – there is so much in a kitchen that can cause you injury. Hot ovens, boiling pans on the hob, and sharp knives all present hazards. Throughout the year, any accident lawyer in Torfaen will deal with a lot of claims for kitchen-related accidents.
Sometimes, the accidents and injuries happen in professional kitchens. Whereas a cut finger in your home kitchen might be annoying and stop you from being able to cook properly for a bit, it’s a different story for a chef or cook – a kitchen is their place of work.
Employers and the law
In any workplace, the employer is obliged to ensure that there is a safe working environment for their employees. A kitchen is no different – a chef shouldn’t expect to suffer injuries on every shift, and while there may be many risks, these must be managed in order to provide safety.
If you work in a kitchen, and you get injured during the course of a shift, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim against your employer – and an accident lawyer in Torfaen could help you with this.
Contacting an accident lawyer in Torfaen
It’s easy to find an accident lawyer in Torfaen – all you have to do is call Accident Advice Helpline on one of the following numbers, or send a text message:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call from an adviser
Your advisor will be the first point of contact with Accident Advice Helpline. It’s their job to take your details and then, if you’re eligible to claim, pass them on to an accident lawyer in Torfaen for processing.
They will work on your behalf and aim to secure you a payment of compensation. If you win your case, your payout will be awarded. It will contain a sum for the accident and injury, plus a sum for the reimbursement of expenses related to your accident.
All our lawyers work on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, which gives you reassurance in the event that your case is unsuccessful. Whatever happens, you’re guaranteed excellent client care – we have been endorsed by Esther Rantzen because of the high quality of our customer service.
What might happen in a kitchen
Accidents in the kitchen may include the following:
1) Slips and falls. Floors sometimes get wet, because things are spilled on them. When those things are mopped up, the floor remains wet for a while. This is a slip hazard.
2) Scalds and burns. Where there is hot liquid, there’s a risk of being scalded – and hotplates, ovens and hobs can cause burns.
3) Electric shock. If appliances malfunction, they might cause shocks. Make sure everything is PAT-tested.
4) Cuts. Knives need to be sharp in a professional kitchen, so there’s always a risk. Use them carefully. Clear up broken glass immediately, too.