Are you looking for an accident lawyer in Three Rivers? Many people are, and for a variety of reasons – but all have suffered injuries in an accident that wasn’t their fault.
Accidents at work that lead to injuries
Accidents can happen anywhere, too – even in the workplace. If this happens, you could be eligible to claim through an accident lawyer in Three Rivers, because your employer is technically at fault.
Employers have a duty to provide their workers with a safe working environment, so if you’re injured at work, your workplace might not be sufficiently safe for you to carry out your duties without the risk of having an accident.
What kinds of accidents happen?
You could be injured at work in many different ways. Here are some examples:
- You slip on a wet floor (you don’t realise it’s wet, because there’s no warning sign) and fall, breaking your ankle
- You’re using machinery that you haven’t been properly trained to use, and you lose a finger
- You trip over a cable that someone has left trailing across the office floor, and get a head injury through hitting a desk when you fall
- You’re climbing a ladder that hasn’t been appropriately set up, and you fall when it slips – this results in both your legs being broken
What should you do if you have an injury at work?
First of all, you should get medical attention immediately – it might be the case that you have to go to hospital in an ambulance, but if not, you might be seen by a workplace first aider. If the accident isn’t severe, you should definitely still see your GP as soon as possible.
There are other steps to take, too:
1) Report the accident to your manager. They need to know about it.
2) Report what happened to your first aid representative or the designated health and safety representative, too.
3) If you’re a union member, report it to your union rep.
4) Get the details put in the workplace accident book. Your manager will probably do this for you. Make sure you’re happy with the details before you sign it.
5) Fill in an accident questionnaire, which your manager should provide. Give as much detail as you can. It’s best to do this as soon as possible, when everything’s fresh in your mind.
Call an accident lawyer in Three Rivers
Once all this has been done, contact Accident Advice Helpline so that an accident lawyer in Three Rivers can deal with your claim. If you win your case, you will be awarded a payout – and if you don’t win, don’t worry, because all our solicitors work on a no win no fee* basis.
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call back
Our lines are open 24/7, so call whenever you like. We look forward to helping you.
Date Published: 27th November 2014
Author: David Brown