With Christmas approaching, there’s plenty to worry about – especially if you’re having family over for dinner, or to stay for a few days during the holiday period. How can you possibly get everything ready? Will everything go smoothly?
You hope that there will be no mishaps, but this can’t be guaranteed. There’s always the possibility of an accident happening – and if you do have one, you could be eligible to claim compensation through an accident lawyer in York.
How to avoid Christmas accidents
Although Christmas itself lasts only one day, there is a whole build-up, which can last several weeks or more, depending on when you begin shopping for gifts.
Here are a few things to think about during that period – and they might help you to avoid having to seek the advice of an accident lawyer in York:
1) Delivering cards to neighbours? Watch your step – you might slip. Pavements should be gritted when freezing weather is expected, but you can’t guarantee it.
2) Going shopping? That’s very likely. Be careful, though. Slips and falls can happen inside shopping centres as well as outside.
3) Buying gifts for children? Make sure they’re suitable for their age. Look at the age guidelines on the packaging – they are put on for a reason. Small parts are a choking hazard.
4) Cooking Christmas dinner? Defrost the turkey thoroughly before roasting it. Also, don’t rush in the kitchen – you could burn, scald or cut yourself.
5) Unwrapping gifts in the living room? Take a bin in there with you for the paper and plastic packaging, so as to avoid slip and trip hazards.
Do you need an accident lawyer in York?
If you do have an accident, and it happened because of someone else’s actions or negligence, you could call Accident Advice Helpline and make a claim through an accident lawyer in York.
When you call, you can give your details to one of our advisors, who will pass your details to our no win no fee* legal team so that an accident lawyer in York can deal with your claim.
If you win a payout, you will be able to deal with all the expenses that you have incurred because of your accident – and get your life back on track.
Call our hotline now:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and an advisor will call you back.
We look forward to helping you with your claim. Our lines are open 24/7, so if you call outside usual office hours, you can leave a message for someone to give you a call back.