Are you looking for an accident lawyer in Wakefield? Accident Advice Helpline has a whole team of them, and they all work on a ‘no-win, no-fee’ basis. They could help you if you’ve had an accident at work, and it’s caused you to suffer an injury. Our accident lawyers are an in-house team so do not work specifically in Wakefield. However, if you need an accident lawyer in Wakefield, as it were, we can deal with your queries over the phone.
What accidents might happen at work?
In your workplace, anything might happen. But the accidents that occur may not necessarily be those that get reported in the press, such as explosions or fires that claim workers’ lives and leave the survivors with severe injuries that might require months of intensive treatment.
Some of them are minor, by comparison. They can still be painful and cause a lot of inconvenience, but they’re not major disasters – and they may even be the kinds of things that happen elsewhere on a regular basis, too.
Slips, trips and falls
One example is the slip and fall, or trip and fall. Every year, accident lawyers are bound to process several of these. They happen so easily. (They can also be prevented quite easily – more of that later.)
If you’ve had a fall at work because of a slip, a trip, or something else, then you need to get on the phone to us at Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you can.
If you win your case, you will receive a payout, which will help you a lot. Financial trouble often occurs after an accident, because people lose wages through being off work – and they might need to hire a home help, and pay for prescriptions.
Contacting an accident lawyer in Wakefield
You can call our 24/7 hotline anytime. If there’s no answer, leave a message, and someone will get back to you. You can also text, if you prefer.
Our contact details are:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010
All our lawyers work on a ‘no-win, no-fee’ basis, for extra peace of mind. Client care is our No. 1 priority at Accident Advice Helpline.
Avoiding workplace slips, trips and falls
To stop slip, trip and fall accidents from happening, these suggestions may help:
1) If you have an accident, or even a near miss, report it to your manager. If they don’t know about it, they won’t be able to investigate it and take action to repair or replace something, or remedy the situation in some other way.
2) Can you see properly in your workplace? Make sure the lights work properly. Report any spent bulbs or flickering fluorescent tubes. Good visibility will help you avoid accidents.
3) Don’t trail wires or cables across the floor. If this means rearranging desks, do so – it’s better to have things plugged into nearby sockets. If you can’t, why not use an extension lead? Make sure it’s close to the wall, though.
4) Spilt something? Clean it up immediately. If you see a spillage, clear it up or report it. Even a small amount of water from an umbrella could cause someone to slip and fall.
Call us at Accident Advice Helpline now
If you need an accident lawyer, call our hotline free on 0800 689 0500 or call us on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, with no-obligation advice about making a claim. Why not call us now?
Date Published: 30th November 2014
Author: David Brown