Do you need an accident lawyer in Vale of White Horse because you’ve had an accident at work? Call Accident Advice Helpline and, if you’re eligible to claim, we’ll help you.
Accidents at work
Accidents are always troublesome. They cause inconvenience, and if you get injured, a lot of pain. Afterwards, while you recover, you might also find that you have financial trouble, because you lose pay through being off sick, and have to hire home helps and pay for taxis to get out and about.
It’s worse, in a way, when you get injured at work. After all, work is meant to keep you out of financial trouble – yet here you are, having to deal with the aftermath of a broken arm, an electric shock, or a head injury.
Slips, trips and falls
One category of accident that an accident lawyer in Vale of White Horse will encounter frequently is the slip or trip and fall incident. This kind of thing could happen anywhere, of course – it’s just that, in your case, it’s happened at work.
The reason you could make a claim is that your employer is legally obliged to keep you safe at work by ensuring your conditions are safe. If you’ve fallen through slipping or tripping, it is an indication your work environment could be safer!
How to prevent slips, trips and falls
In the workplace, you can do your bit to stop these incidents from happening:
- If you have an accident, or even a near miss, report it to your manager. If there’s a problem area, it will be addressed – and this might stop others from having accidents.
- Have you spilt anything? Clean it up immediately. Even a cup of tea spilt on a tiled floor could be a major problem.
- Have you seen a potential trip or slip risk? Tell your boss. Something needs to be done about it.
- Don’t let cables trail on the floor. If you need to plug something in, choose a socket nearby – or use an extension cable and run the cable close to the edges of the room.
Claim through an accident lawyer in Vale of White Horse
You can get started with a claim whenever you like, because Accident Advice Helpline has a hotline that is open 24/7:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will call you back
If you’re eligible to claim (why not check your eligibility with our 30-second test, available online?), your advisor will take some details from you and pass them to an accident lawyer in Vale of White Horse on our team.
Your solicitor will work on a ‘no-win, no-fee’ basis, on your behalf, with the object of securing you a payout for your claim.