Are you thinking of driving at night? Many people prefer to drive at night, because they think it will be safer. There’s usually less traffic around, for a start.
But night driving is actually quite dangerous, and any accident lawyer in Trafford would advise you to avoid it. At Accident Advice Helpline, we frequently receive calls from people who need to make a claim because they were in an accident on the road at night.
When you might need an accident lawyer in Trafford
If you’re driving in darkness and doing everything properly, that’s all very well – but you might come across another driver who isn’t doing the right thing. Their actions might create an accident – and you might be the victim.
When this kind of thing happens, you can make a claim against the other driver, and an accident lawyer in Trafford will take on your case. If you win, you will receive a payout, which will help you with your expenses – and assist you in getting your life back on track again.
How to avoid night driving accidents
When you drive at night, you need to take extra care to avoid being the cause of an accident yourself. You can do this by asking yourself a few questions:
1) Do I need to make this journey at night? If you can do it tomorrow, wait until then. If you could take the train instead, do that. Only drive at night if it’s the only option.
2) Is there anyone who could share the driving? If you’re going to take passengers on your trip, find out if anyone else can drive. If so, are they insured to drive your car? They might be able to share the burden.
3) Would I normally be asleep when I plan to drive? If you’re thinking of setting off at midnight for a journey to a hotel, which takes two hours, but you would normally go to bed around that time, reconsider your plan. Try setting off before 10pm instead, so you arrive at your usual bedtime.
4) Am I sufficiently rested? Get plenty of rest before you set off, and take breaks during your journey – at least once every two hours. Tiredness could be a fatal problem if you were to fall asleep at the wheel.
Call us if you need to make a claim
If you are unlucky enough to be injured in a road accident at night, and you want to make a claim, call one of these numbers:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and you will get a call from an advisor at the earliest opportunity.
We look forward to helping you. All our lawyers work on a no win no fee* basis, and our client care is excellent – we’ve even got Esther Rantzen as our patron. Why not call us now?
Date Published: 27th November 2014
Author: David Brown