In case of emergency…what?
Many of us think that we would know what to do if we got into an emergency situation on the motorway, or any road. But there may be some disparity between how well prepared we think we are, and how well prepared we actually are.
Any accident lawyer in Tonbridge and Malling at Accident Advice Helpline would confirm this. Every year, they deal with many claims for road traffic accidents that have been caused by other drivers. When they talk to the victims, they hear some quite harrowing details – and they learn that situations might be improved to some degree if some precautions are taken.
It’s just a case of taking a few extra things with you when you’re going out. This “kit” can be kept in the boot of the car, and it will prove useful if you get into an accident.
What to take with you in case of emergency
1) A shovel – if you get stuck in snow, this will come in handy.Open Claim Calculator
2) Wellies – also useful in snow, but they will keep your feet dry if you have to take refuge on the motorway embankment while you wait for the recovery truck.
3) A hazard warning triangle – place it behind your vehicle and the approaching traffic will be aware that there is an obstacle.
4) A torch – if you’re in an accident (or you break down) on an unlit road, this will help you to see where you’re walking.
5) Extra clothes – take a jumper, a pair of jeans, a coat, a hat, and some gloves. Overkill? Not if you’re stranded on a cold winter’s night because someone has just crashed into your car.
6) A first aid kit – this could help you if you have any minor cuts, or, if anyone’s badly injured, it will provide some assistance until the ambulance arrives.
7) Emergency rations – take a flask of tea, some bottled water, and some food (such as energy bars).
Contact an accident lawyer in Tonbridge and Malling
If you are involved in an accident and you wish to claim against the other driver later on, you should get on the phone to Accident Advice Helpline for an accident lawyer in Tonbridge and Malling.
Your accident lawyer will be able to pursue a claim on your behalf, if you’re eligible, and if you win your case, you will receive a payout.
This payout will consist of money for the accident and injury, plus some money for any expenses you have incurred as a result of your accident.
Accident Advice Helpline
Our contact details are as follows:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call from an advisor
Our lines are open 24/7 – and all our lawyers work on a no win no fee* basis.