Have you had an accident at home? You could be eligible to claim compensation through an accident lawyer in St Helens if you suffered an injury due to someone else’s fault.
Home accidents aren’t always your fault
When you’re injured at home, it’s difficult to blame anyone else for your accidents. We all leave things lying around where they might cause us to slip or trip, but aren’t we always surprised when this happens?
However, the blame for an accident at home doesn’t always lie with the victim. Here are a couple of possible scenarios to think about:
- You have some plastering work carried out in your living room, which includes some coving. A couple of days after the job is completed, you’re sitting down and watching the TV, when you’re suddenly knocked out. When you regain consciousness, it becomes apparent that a large piece of coving fell on your head.
- Inspired by a baking show you saw on TV, you buy a new electric whisk so that you can bake a cake. When you plug it in and switch it on, it blows up. You get a shock from it, which causes you to burn your hand.
In these cases, you could claim compensation through an accident lawyer in St Helens. If you win, you will receive a sum of money for the accident, as well as any expenses you’ve incurred as a result.
What expenses can you claim for?
If you incur any costs that are over and above your usual outgoings, it could be because of the accident. For example:
- Would you ordinarily have a home help to do your cooking and cleaning?
- Would you usually have to take a taxi to the shops when you have a car?
- Would you usually have to send a childminder to look after your children?
Many people find that when they’ve had an accident, they have to hire services just so that they can keep their household running normally, or as near to normally as possible. Don’t let yourself fall out of pocket – keep your receipts and claim for these expenses through your accident lawyer in St Helens.
Contact an accident lawyer in St Helens now
Accident Advice Helpline are a personal injury law firm who were established in 2000. Today, we are one of the UK’s largest law firms, and we help thousands of people every year to receive the compensation that they deserve.
Call us now to get started with a no win no fee injury solicitor:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline;
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile; or
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call back.
Date Published: 27th November 2014
Author: David Brown