As Christmas approaches, the excitement builds. Doors on advent calendars are opened, parties with work colleagues are arranged, and presents are bought and wrapped.
On the big day itself, even the most reserved person will be jollier than usual – perhaps because of a couple of sherries.
It’s not all fun and games, though, especially if you’re hosting Christmas for relatives. There are lots of preparations to make, and if you’re not careful, you might end up suffering an injury because you have an accident.
If you do have an accident and you’re injured as a result, you could make a claim through an accident lawyer in South Norfolk.
Avoid getting into a sticky situation
There’s plenty you can do to reduce the risk of ending up in hospital during the festive season, you will be pleased to know. Here are some tips to help you – and others – stay out of trouble:
1) Put a waste paper bin in the living room. You might not normally have one, but it’s worth putting one there when everyone opens their presents. That way, there won’t be wrapping paper and shiny plastic packaging strewn all over the floor, putting people at risk of slipping and falling.
2) Leave plenty of time to prepare Christmas dinner. People can wait a bit longer, so don’t worry. If you rush, you could get a scald or burn, or cut yourself. Take your time.
3) Buy the right gifts for the right people. If you’re not sure what to get your three-year-old niece, make sure you at least narrow it down to something in her age range. Look at the box to make sure, and ask the staff in the toy shop for assistance.
4) Replace your Christmas lights if they’re old. They might not have had as many safety standards to meet when you bought them, but modern ones will have passed some stringent tests. It’s worth investing in some new ones!
If you do need an accident lawyer in South Norfolk…
You can’t prevent everything from happening, though, and if you’re injured in an accident involving a third party, that you haven’t caused, you could claim compensation through an accident lawyer in South Norfolk.
Call Accident Advice Helpline to begin your claim. Our hotline is open 24/7, and our advisers are professional and friendly. Here are our contact numbers:
- 0800 689 0500 if you’re calling from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 if you’re using a mobile
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will call you back. You’ll also get a call back as soon as possible if you call the hotline and there’s no answer – so please leave a message.
If your case is successful, you will receive a payout for the accident and any expenses you’ve incurred. It won’t make your festive period as happy as it might have been if you hadn’t got injured, but it will certainly help – and don’t worry if you don’t win your case, because all our lawyers work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. Call us now and get started.
Date Published: 26th November 2014
Author: David Brown