Are you planning on having people around to your place for a party during the festive period? Many people do this every year – and why not? When’s better to have a drink, enjoy a dance, and catch up with friends and relatives you’ve not seen for a while than Christmas?
Be careful, though, because you might find that you need the services of an accident lawyer in Rotherham.
Having some fireworks at your party?
Fireworks might be just what you want to make your party go with a bang. By the time Christmas comes around, Guy Fawkes Night seems a distant memory – but some people buy fireworks again for New Year’s Eve, so they can have a display when it gets to midnight.
Any accident lawyer in Rotherham would advise you to go to an organised New Year’s Eve celebration instead, or stay in and watch the fireworks on the television – but if you really want to have your own “do”, there’s nothing stopping you, of course. All we ask at Accident Advice Helpline is that you be careful.
You’d be surprised at how many claims we deal with for injuries sustained as a result of fireworks. If you have to be rushed to hospital during the first few minutes of New Year’s Day, it will be a memorable start to the year – but for the wrong reasons.
Here is some advice:
1) Plan your display so you have the fireworks area set up well away from where people will be gathering to watch.
2) Keep your fireworks in the box they came in, and make sure you take them out one by one. Don’t get the next one out until the previous one has been used.
3) Read the instructions on each firework before you light it, and when you light it, use a taper – at arm’s length.
4) Don’t smoke near fireworks or use any naked flames. This should be common sense, but some people aren’t aware of just how dangerous fireworks are.
5) Once you’ve lit the firework, don’t go back to it. If it looks like it’s not working, leave it – it might go off in your face if you walk up to it to check.
6) Don’t throw fireworks, and don’t put them in your pockets.
Contact an accident lawyer in Rotherham
If you follow all these rules, but you still end up with an injury, it could be because someone else has done something to cause it. Perhaps a firework was faulty, because of poor manufacturing.
Whatever happened, if it wasn’t your fault, you could claim compensation through Accident Advice Helpline – so why not call our 24/7 hotline and speak to an advisor? If you’re eligible to claim, your details will be given to a no win no fee solicitor, and if you win your case, you will get a payout.
Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile – or text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call from a friendly advisor.
We want to help you – so don’t hesitate to call us.
Date Published: 23rd November 2014
Author: David Brown