Whether you are injured in an accident at work, a road traffic accident, a slip, trip or fall accident, or an accident of any other type, as long as someone else was to blame, you are entitled to compensation. This is British law and has been for a very long time, but because it is a legal process, innocent victims should not attempt to claim the compensation themselves. An accident lawyer in Newtown is able to help with accident claims of all types, as long as they fit the rules.
The rules an accident lawyer in Newtown needs you to comply with
These rules are what are laid down in law, they are not something an accident lawyer in Newtown has come up with on their own:
- You must have been in an accident that was not your own fault
- You must have sustained injuries in the accident
- Your injuries must have needed medical attention
- The accident should have happened within the last three years
The consequences of accidents
Injuries sustained in accidents are bad enough, but there may be other consequences the victim has to contend with. It could be that:
- A very active person suddenly becomes confined to their home
- An extrovert gets a facial injury that makes them an introvert because they are ashamed of the way they look
- A victim could lose the use of their legs and be confined to a wheelchair
- It is very hard for victims who lose their sight and know they will never see their loved ones again, particularly if they have young children
- The consequences of brain injuries stretch to the whole family, not just the victim. It may be like living with a stranger, depending on what part of the brain has been injured.
There are many other things in victim’s lives that can be affected by their injuries, simple things like not being able to dress themselves, or take a shower without help. Hopefully, this will only be until they recover, but nonetheless, it will cause them extra anxiety and stress.
Making your personal injury compensation claim
All of these things need taking into consideration when you are making your personal injury compensation claim. At Accident Advice Helpline, we will look into every area of your accident and injuries, and will make sure everything is included in your claim.
If you want to find out more about how our accident lawyer in Newtown can help with your claim, speak to our friendly advisors on our freephone helpline.:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text ‘claim365’to 88010 and someone will call you