There are hundreds of different ways that innocent victims are injured in accidents for which they were not to blame, and every one of them is entitled to make a personal injury claim for compensation. This is the law in the UK, the other two requirements being that your injuries must have needed treatment from a doctor, and the accident should have happened within the last three years.
If your situation fits these rules, our accident lawyer in Leven will be able to assist you with your compensation claim.
The most common accidents our accident lawyer in Leven deals with
There are an endless numbers of accidents caused by someone else, but some of them are more common than others, including:
- Slips, trips and fall are the most common of all accidents, the government estimating that they are about one third of the 3 million accidents that happen every year in the UK. The results of slips, trips and falls may be very serious, depending on how it happens and where the victim lands.
- Road traffic accidents on average kill 5 people every day in the UK, and that is without the many innocent victims who are seriously injured through no fault of their own. Most of these types of accidents are caused by driver error, often because they are not giving their driving the attention they should be.
- Accidents at work are often caused by the negligence of employers, who have a legal duty to safeguard the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. Most employers take these matters very seriously and do what they should, but there will always be those who cannot be bothered, or who put profit before safety.
These are the three main categories of accidents, but if yours does not fit into one of these, it does not mean that our accident lawyer in Leven is unable to help you.
Finding out if you are able to claim compensation
If you like to do things online, complete our 30-second test. Just four simple questions will let you know if you qualify for compensation, and give you an estimate of how much it could be.
If you prefer to talk to someone, phone our freephone helpline on:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
You will be able to speak with our friendly advisors who will tell you all you need to know about making a personal injury compensation claim, and will then let you decide if it is the way forward for you. You will be under no obligation to proceed, but you at least owe it to yourself to find out if we can help you with your claim.
Date Published: 2nd December 2014