How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Learn more

    Accident lawyer in Lennoxtown

    What if I get food poisoning and need an accident lawyer in Lennoxtown?

    Lennoxtown is a town in East Dunbartonshire, Scotland at the foot of the Campsie Fells, which are just to the north. It is now part of the East Dunbartonshire council area but prior to 1975 was in the county of Stirling.

    All humans need food to survive. Whilst most of us regularly eat at home, it is nice to treat ourselves to a meal out, or a takeaway occasionally. But what should you do if the food you eat has been contaminated in some way? This is when you will need the services of an accident lawyer in Lennoxtown.

    Bad food is not nice, will make you ill and may mean you are entitled to use an accident lawyer in Lennoxtown

    Bacteria and viruses can contaminate food easily.  Once in the food these microbes will breed and multiply very quickly, and unfortunately it’s not a case of the more the merrier.  Your food could be contaminated if:

    • It has been cross contaminated with another food
    • It has gone past its use by date
    • It has been cooked and then kept at a warm temperature for a long time
    • The preparation area is dirty
    • It has not been properly cooked
    • It has been stored at the wrong temperature
    • It has been handled by someone who is ill or who has dirty hands

    Some foods more prone to contamination

    Some foods need extra care taken with them because they are more prone to contamination. Examples of these are:

    • Shellfish
    • Soft cheeses
    • Pate
    • Burgers
    • Kebabs
    • Sausages
    • Cooked sliced meats
    • Poultry
    • Pork
    • Raw meats
    • Raw eggs
    • Unpasteurised milk
    • Pre packed sandwiches

    It has been known, and there have been some high profile cases, for water to be contaminated leading to lots of people becoming ill and in some cases death occurring.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What are the symptoms?

    The ill feelings usually start no more than 3 days after you have consumed the bad food.  Then you will feel sick, have vomiting and diarrhea and stomach cramps.  The best thing is to rest and drink plenty, in sips is the right way.   Do not attempt any food until you are feeling much better and then make it things that are easy to digest, like toast.

    Making your personal injury compensation claim for food poisoning

    When you are feeling better, contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss what has happened to you.  You should also report the illness to the Foods Agency.  They will track the source of the contamination and make sure it is stopped from spreading.

    Accident Advice Helpline have been helping claimants get the compensation they were entitled to for over 13 years.  Among the many thousands we have already helped, numerous of the claims have been because of food poisoning.

    Our in house solicitors are experts in making claims.  They will ensure that every aspect of your life that has been affected by your illness or injury will be accounted for; making sure you get the maximum compensation possible for your particular situation.

    Our freephone helpline is open 24/7 and our advisers there to give you all the assistance you will need.  The number is 0800 689 0500.  Call us today, the sooner we know about your problems, the sooner we can start your claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.