Slips, trips and falls account for about one third of accidents in the UK and although they might not sound very serious, they can result in severe injuries, and sometimes in death. This is why so many innocent victims are making claims for this particular type of accident, with an accident lawyer in Kilwinning.
Why slips, trips and falls can be so serious
Falling over in the street is what people normally associate with slip, trips and falls, but what if:
- You are a roof repairer, and the scaffold you are working on has not been fixed properly. One lose bolt is all it needs for the whole thing to collapse, and it could send you several floors to the ground, with scaffold landing on top of you.
- You work in a factory, and someone has spilled some oil on the floor. They have not bothered to clean it up, and as you slip you fall onto a piece of moving machinery.
- You are on a fairground ride. If there is a faulty restraint on the big wheel for instance, you could fall from the seat when your car is at the top.
- You are carrying something down some stairs, and someone has left a box half way down. You could very easily trip over the obstacle and land at the bottom of the flight.
- You trip over some trailing wires in an office, and bang your head on the corner of a desk as you fall.
These may be all ‘what if’s’, but they are just a tiny sample of the ways slips, trips and falls happen, and why the services of an accident lawyer in Kilwinning are needed.
Is someone else to blame – claim compensation with the help of an accident lawyer in Kilwinning at Accident Advice Helpline
If someone else was to blame for the accident you were injured in, you could be entitled to compensation, as long as the injuries needed medical attention and the accident happened no longer than three years ago.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we are a specialist law firm that has been successfully handling personal injury claims for nearly 15 years. We have the experience, expertise and knowledge to give your claim it’s best chance of success, and to make sure it reaches it’s full potential.
If you would like more information about making a claim, call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and have a chat with one of our friendly advisors. They will be able to give you up to date information that is relevant to your situation, and will guide you all the way through the processes.
Or you can complete the 30-second test on our very user friendly website. This will let you know if you have a valid claim, and give you an estimate of how much you are likely to be awarded.
Date Published: 3rd December 2014
Author: David Brown