Looking for an accident lawyer in Epsom and Ewell? You’re not alone. At Accident Advice Helpline, we receive countless calls every week from people who have been injured in an accident that wasn’t their fault, and are interested in making a claim.
We’re always pleased to help those who are eligible to claim, and it doesn’t matter how your accident happened or how severe the injury is – if your accident was caused by someone else, we can take on your case and you could receive a payout.
On the road in winter
One particular kind of accident that always keeps an accident lawyer in Epsom and Ewell busy is one with which most people will be familiar, whether they’ve ever been affected by one or not: the road traffic accident.
Every time winter comes around, we see claims for injuries sustained in a lot of accidents that might have been avoided, if only the person who caused it had done something in a different way – or made sure that their car was fit to drive under such bad conditions.
Here are a few tips that could help you in future:Open Claim Calculator
1) Make sure you’re fit to drive. Are you tired? Are you feeling ill? Are you taking any medication for a cold, which might induce drowsiness? Have you had any alcohol? If you can answer yes to any of the above, don’t get behind the wheel. It’s not worth the risk.
2) Have your car checked over. You might not need a full service, but you certainly need to make sure that your battery works, there’s enough oil in the engine, enough antifreeze, and sufficient windscreen washer fluid to get rid of all that lorry spray. The brakes and tyres need to be in full working order, too. Go and see a mechanic, whether or not your car has a recent MoT.
3) Check your car yourself. Do it regularly, paying attention to the oil (use the dipstick), the antifreeze (the correct level should be clearly marked), and the washer fluid (refill it if required – you can get bottles of it at any garage or supermarket).
4) Don’t leave your driveway until you can see clearly. That doesn’t mean set off as soon as you can see through a hole that you’ve rubbed in the condensation on the windscreen – it means let all the fog lift off all the windows. Use the air conditioning, if you have it, or a de-misting pad. Use de-icer on the exterior glass, too.
Call an accident lawyer in Epsom and Ewell
Even if you’re fine to drive (and so is your car), you might end up on the receiving end of the actions of someone who really ought not to be on the road in winter. If this happens, we want to hear from you at Accident Advice Helpline!
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010
We look forward to helping you with your claim.