If you have been injured in an accident then you might be considering making a claim for financial compensation, in which case you would be well advised to hire an accident lawyer in Butcombe.
What can an accident lawyerin Butcombe help with?
When it comes to making a compensation claim many people automatically think of the slips, trips and falls that are advertised on the television; however, there are a variety of accidents and injuries that your accident lawyer in Butcombe can help you make a claim for.
- Car accidents (whether you were the driver, passenger, a pedestrian or cyclist you might be able to make a claim)
- Accidents whilst on holiday
- Accidents which occur in the workplace
- Industrial diseases
- Accidents at school or other educational institutions
- Injuries caused as a result of dangerous or faulty products
- Food poisoning
The above list gives you a good idea of what an accident lawyer in Butcombe can assist you with, but is by no means exhaustive. If you have been injured as the result of any sort of accident, regardless of the circumstances, then your accident lawyer in Butcombe can provide you with the advice you need.
Making a claim
In order for your claim to be successful, we will need to establish three things:
- That you have been genuinely injured in an accident, this is not to suggest that you are making up injuries, simply that your injuries are of a severity that they are adequate to make a compensation claim. For example, you could not make a claim for a paper cut, but you could for a deep laceration that required stitches.
- That the accident which caused your injury or injuries was not your fault, or at least, not entirely your fault. It is possible that you can be partly to be blame (or liable) for the accident (and this will have an impact on the amount of financial compensation you can claim) but it is vital that there is someone else that is at least equally responsible in order for your claim to be processed.
- That the accident or the knowledge of the injuries sustained occurred within the last three years. There are some exceptions to this time frame and we will be able to explain these to you in more detail.
Instructing a lawyer
It is very easy to appoint an accident lawyer in Butcombe. Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm with over 15 years’ experience in dealing with a wide variety of personal injury compensation claims. All of our in house lawyers are experts in their fields and will be able to provide you with all of the advice you need to start your compensation claim.
To find out more you can take our 30 second test. Not only will this establish whether you are eligible to be making a claim in the first place, but it can give you a good idea of how much your claim might be worth. Or call us on 0800 690 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 20th October 2013
Author: David Brown