How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident lawyer in Allerdale

    Allerdale is a borough in Cumbria with its administration base in Workington. This town has been associated with the production of iron and steel for centuries. It is an ancient market town lying on the banks of the River Derwent. It expanded during the Industrial Revolution when coal was mined in the area, although parts of the town have been inhabited since Roman times.

    Do you need an accident lawyer in Allerdale?

    There are many reasons why you might need an accident lawyer in Allerdale; you may have been injured in an accident, or you may have been diagnosed with an illness or disease which was caused by another person’s negligence towards you. You could also be seeking an accident lawyer to help you file a claim through the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) because you were injured in a violent crime.

    You need to find an accident lawyer who has the appropriate experience to help you file your potential personal injury claim, and if you have problems finding one (because different accident lawyers in Allerdale and elsewhere specialise in dealing with claims arising from different types of accident) call us at Accident Advice Helpline.

    How long do I have to make my claim?

    If you were injured in an accident in this country, you usually have three years from its date to make your claim. This is not always the case, however, as some accidents, and so the injuries sustained in them, carry a shorter limitation period. If the time period for filing a claim elapses, you could only file a claim if you could prove that there were exceptional circumstances which prevented you from filing it before the time period expired.

    If, for example, you were injured during the course of a crime being committed, you would only have two years to file a claim with the CICA. If you were a minor at the time of the accident, and no one claimed for you at the time, you have three years from your 18th birthday to start your claim. If you are suffering from an industrial illness, because they can take so many years to manifest themselves, you have three years from the date you are diagnosed. Accents in the air, or at sea, carry a two year time limit.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Call us at Accident Advice Helpline to find out how long you actually have left to file your particular claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    You can call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time of day or night, any day of the year, even on Bank Holidays on one of our helpline numbers. From a landline call 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile ring 0333 500 0993. Why not call us now for information about the claims’ process and expert legal advice?

    Date Published: 7th November 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.