Do you live in or near the historic market town of Chichester. Are you looking for information about making a personal injury claim? You could seeking the services of an accident lawyer in Chichester. There are many reasons why you might be considering this course of action. Let’s consider some scenarios. Have you suffered a slip, trip or a fall in a public place or building? Did you fall on wet tiles that had no warning sign, or trip over obstructions or cables while shopping or travelling? And were you injured? Perhaps you sprained an ankle or broke a wrist when you fell. You could be entitled to claim compensation if safety procedures were ignored. The same applies to having an accident at work. We hear frequent reports of employees being injured by faulty equipment, hit by moving plant, falling off scaffolding or high places, straining the spine or spraining a limb. Here’s what you need to know if you were injured as a consequence of these, and similar, circumstances.
How do I know if my claim will qualify?
It has to meet three key conditions. These are:
- You are claiming within three years
- You required medical treatment for your injury
- The accident which caused it was not your fault
These three points constitute the eligibility test. You can check your answers here using our 30-second test. Also remember that you will need to be able to prove the liability of the persons or organisation you hold responsible for your injuries.
What will an accident lawyer in Chichester require to prepare my case?
You will need to provide some or all of the following. This list is not exhaustive but is to give you an idea of how to gather your evidence:
- Your medical reports – keep copies
- Your account of the accident – make notes as soon as you feel able
- Any photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- The police report – if you sustained injuries in a road traffic accident
- Details of witnesses – anyone who is willing to support your argument is valuable, so get their details so your accident lawyer can contact them
- Relevant paperwork – for example, bills and receipts for expenses you have run up because you need treatment or support. These include domestic help, personal care, transport costs for medical appointments and therapies, and possibly loss of income.
Your legal adviser will assist you.
Which accident lawyer in Chichester should I choose?
A large conurbation like Chichester is likely to include many firms that specialise in different aspects of personal injury law. You need to feel confident you have picked one suitable for you. You can do it with one call. Simply contact our friendly advisers and we’ll appoint an accident lawyer in Chichester from our nationwide team. From your mobile, get us on 0333 500 0993, or on 0800 689 0500 from your landline. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, every day. If you prefer us to call you, text “CLAIM365” to 88010 and an advisor will contact you.
Accident Advice Helpline is a leading name in personal injury compensation law – try us now.