Accident lawyer in Barking and Dagenham


Barking and Dagenham is a London borough in East London and the name of a local government district. The name Barking is of Anglo-Saxon origin as it was originally called Berecingas which either means the settlement of the family of Bereca, which was a man’s name, or alternatively it could mean the settlement near birch trees. From the 14th to 19th century fishing was the main source of income in Barking, with sailors going as far afield as Iceland in search of cod and other fish. These fish were sold in Billingsgate market and were eagerly awaited. By the mid-19th century it was easier to transport fish from Grimsby and elsewhere to the capital and so the fishing industry in Barking fell into decline. The pollution in the River Thames also contributed to its demise.

Are you seeking an accident lawyer in Barking and Dagenham?

If you have had food poisoning after eating at a restaurant, or if you ate a contaminated product, then you may be searching for an accident lawyer in Barking and Dagenham in order to find out if you have grounds to make a personal injury compensation claim. In order to be eligible to make a claim for food poisoning, either against a manufacturer of a product, or the owner of a restaurant, you need to have received medical treatment and the Food Standards Agency should have been informed. They will investigate the case to ascertain how the food poisoning was caused, in an attempt to prevent an epidemic. An accident lawyer in Barking and Dagenham could help you build a case to prove that your illness was caused by someone else’s negligence, as food should be properly stored and prepared.

An accident lawyer in Barking and Dagenham can also help you file a personal injury compensation claim if you have sustained injuries in an accident that you can prove was no fault of your own. He or she would also need to help you prove that another person was responsible for the accident in which you were injured.

How long do I have to make my claim?

If you have been diagnosed with an illness that can be proven to have been caused by another person’s negligence, then you have three years from the date of diagnosis to file your claim.

However, the specific legislation around various accidents and injuries differs, so it’s always best to get professional legal advice as soon as possible. Call us at Accident Advice Helpline to find out how long you have to make your claim.

Contact Accident Advice Helpline now

For expert legal advice and information about your potential claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline. Call 0800 689 0500 free from a landline, or from a mobile call 0333 500 0993. Why not call now?

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )