How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident insurance claim advice

    Accident insurance claim advice for you

    If you have been injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, then you may be entitled to claim compensation from the person or business that caused the accident. Some people worry that doing this could cause financial difficulty for whoever was at fault. Others worry that whoever was to blame for the accident might not have any money. Even if they win their case, they might still not receive any compensation.

    However, most people and businesses are insured against compensation claims. This means that you do not need to let these worries stand in the way of getting the compensation that you deserve. There are four main types of insurance policy that can deal with an accident insurance claim. Read the following accident insurance claim advice and then contact us to make your claim.

    Motor insurance claims

    As well as covering damage to the policyholder’s vehicle, motor insurance policies also cover claims made by third parties against the driver or owner of the vehicle. This means that if you are injured by someone driving a vehicle, whether you were a pedestrian at the time of the accident or the occupant of another vehicle, you will usually find yourself dealing with the insurer of the person who was at fault.

    Motor insurance is a legal requirement for anyone operating a vehicle. If you are injured by someone who was uninsured, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau will deal with the accident insurance claim in the place of the insurance company.

    Employers’ Liability Insurance

    If you are injured at work and your employer is to blame, your accident insurance claim will be dealt with by your employer’s Employers’ Liability Insurance. Like motor insurance, Employers’ Liability Insurance is a legal requirement for any person or business that employs people.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Public Liability Insurance

    Public Liability Insurance is similar to Employer’s Liability Insurance, but it covers claims made by people who are not employees. Although it is not a legal requirement, most businesses buy Public Liability Insurance to protect themselves. Private individuals generally have Public Liability Insurance cover as part of their household insurance policy.

    It could be that you fall over at a supermarket because shelving wasn’t put up properly, or you trip over an unmarked spillage at a bowling alley. This types of accidents would be claimed through public liability insurance of the company at fault.

    Products Liability Insurance

    Products Liability Insurance deals with claims for injuries caused by defective products. It is usually combined with Public Liability Insurance. Like Public Liability Insurance, most people and businesses that supply products buy Products Liability Insurance to protect themselves against claims even though it is not a legal requirement.

    How to make this accident insurance claim advice work for you

    The first thing to do is to take the unique 30-second test on the Accident Advice Helpline website to see whether you have a valid claim. Assuming that you do, your case will be passed to one of our solicitors who will deal with your accident insurance claim on a no-win, no-fee* basis.

    You can talk to our advisers today and get accident insurance claim advice by dialing 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile now.

    Date Published: 25th May 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.