Hip fracture recovery
Your hip is one area of your body which can severely affect the way you go about your day to day life if it is injured or fractured. You may have trouble sitting, walking, standing or even lying in certain positions if you have fractured your hip, and it can be very painful to deal with. You will have to have surgery to recover from a hip fracture, and this will take time to recover from as well.
Here are some tips on recovering from your hip fracture in the shortest time possible and with the least pain.
- Stand and walk as soon as possible. This may seem counterproductive if you are in pain and standing and walking hurts you, but the sooner you start moving normally, the faster your body will start healing to allow this movement. Staying still for too long will just make it harder to get moving later down the line.
- Go to physical therapy. A physiotherapist can help your injury to heal twice as quickly as it would if you just worked on it on your own. Your physiotherapist will know how much they can push you so that you are not in any danger of going too far, and will work with you to improve your condition.
- Take calcium and vitamin D. Your doctor will probably prescribe you a lot of medication to take after your surgery, but you can help the healing process along by taking additional supplements designed to aid bone regrowth and strengthening.
- Get a cane or crutch. You will probably need a little extra support when moving around for a little while. The best way to get this is to get a cane or crutch which you can lean on, but which still encourages you to move your hip and legs.
- Remove falling hazards from your surroundings. The last thing you need is to become injured again. Remove rugs and clutter, and cover slippery surfaces.
If you need accident injury lawyers in Ruthernbridge
If your hip fracture was caused in an accident which was not your fault (anything from a road accident to a slip on a wet floor), you may be able to claim compensation with accident injury lawyers in Ruthernbridge. Accident injury lawyers in Ruthernbridge will be able to process your claim easily and let you know whether you have a good enough case to proceed.
It can be much less stressful going through accident injury lawyers in Ruthernbridge than trying to deal with the situation yourself, and you can be sure that you will be kept updated as to the status of your claim. Accident Advice Helpline have over 15 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims and employ a dedicated team of injury lawyers to work on a 100% no-win, no- fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve.
You can call Accident Advice Helpline seven days a week on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.Open Claim Calculator