How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident and injury claims in Derbyshire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Derbyshire

    When you have been involved in an accident at work which you feel was the result of your employer’s negligence, you may want to make accident and injury claims in Derbyshire to help you to stay afloat financially whilst you are recovering.

    It is simple to make a compensation claim against your employer as long as you work with an experienced injury lawyer and know what steps you need to take in order to make your claim more successfully. Here are some of the ways that you can proceed with your claim once you have decided that you are entitled to compensation.

    Make your claim in a timely fashion

    If you do want to make a claim, you have to make sure that your accident was less than three years ago or you will struggle to find an injury lawyer to represent you. After three years it is too difficult to put together a claim which has a good chance of success, as all of the evidence is so old. Try to make your claim as soon as your accident happens, for a better chance of success.

    Gather as much evidence as you can

    Take a few photographs of the accident scene and anything else which backs up your claim (if a piece of equipment is faulty, for example, take a photograph of the fault). You should keep a copy of the accident report form and anything else which you consider a good form of evidence.

    Keep a record of your losses

    This will include wages lost due to being too ill or injured to work, money spent on prescriptions and treatment, and even taxi receipts if you are unable to drive. Your lawyer will be able to claim these losses back for you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make accident and injury claims in Derbyshire through Accident Advice Helpline

    Many people are turning to Accident Advice Helpline when it comes to making compensation claims, as we offer a great service which is much easier for you to follow, and make the process so quick and simple that you don’t need to worry about the stress of making a claim affecting your recovery time.

    If you have decided that you do want to make accident and injury claims in Derbyshire against an employer, you can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010 to make a start on your claim. The team will offer you advice and support throughout your claim, and you are under no obligation to proceed with a claim after your initial conversation.

    Date Published: 15th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.