How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident and injury claims in County Durham

    If you want to make accident and injury claims in County Durham after any accident which has caused you serious injuries then you can do so as long as you can prove that another person was at fault for the accident.

    However, there are time limits imposed on claims, and how long you wait will depend on a series of circumstances and variants. If you wait too long to make a compensation claim then you are at risk of either losing your case, or not being able to find a lawyer who is happy to make the claim on your behalf.

    Here is some more information about the time limits imposed on accident claims.

    Three years is the maximum time you can wait

    Generally, solicitors will refuse to take on any accident claim for an accident which happened more than three years ago. After three years, the evidence is not fresh enough to analyse properly, and enough time has passed that it is almost not worth making a claim. Three years is quite a long time, though, so you should not feel rushed when you have recently had an accident that you want to claim for.

    You should wait if you are a minor

    If you are a minor and have had an accident which you want to claim for, you may be able to wait a year or two so that you can represent yourself in your claim. If you would still not be 18 after three years has passed then you can appoint a legal representative (a parent or guardian) who will stand in for you in your case, but if you would prefer to handle it yourself then it makes sense for you to just wait.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make accident and injury claims in County Durham

    Once you are sure that you have enough time to make a claim, and are fairly sure that you have a good enough case to make a successful claim, the next step is to find an experienced solicitor to handle your case.

    The best way to make accident and injury claims in County Durham, as well as to find out more information about the claims process, is to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010. The friendly team will be more than happy to talk you through the claims process and help you to decide whether or not you have a good enough case for compensation.

    If you do then you will be passed over to an injury lawyer who will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation that you deserve.

    Date Published: 12th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.