How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident in a pub

    Have you had an accident in a pub?

    Most of us enjoy going out for a few drinks or even some food at the local pub and whether you prefer a trendy wine bar or a cosy country pub, there’s sure to a few pubs in your area that you enjoy going to. Although many people enjoy going out to pubs, bars and restaurants, it’s important that you’re drinking responsibly in a pub setting. Unfortunately, there are numerous hazards in pubs and clubs and there are various types of accidents that could occur in a pub. If you have been injured in an accident in a pub then you may find that you’re eligible to make a personal injury claim, and Accident Advice Helpline could help you.

    How could you be injured in a pub?

    Whilst you may not give much thought to staying safe in a pub, it’s important to consider how you could become involved in an accident in a pub. By being aware of the potential risks, you can take action to avoid them and, therefore, lower your chances of being involved in an accident. Of course, you may not be able to avoid accidents that are caused by other people. If someone else acts recklessly, you could get hurt and there are many injuries that could be sustained from an accident in a pub.

    If you were cut by broken glass, for example, you could suffer a serious wound and you may need to get stitches and have the wound cleaned by a medical professional. Alternatively, if you were to fall over or trip down a set of stairs, you could suffer various injuries, such as sprains, muscle damage and even broken bones. Here are just a few other examples of the types of accident that you could suffer after an accident in a pub:

    • Burns or scalds from hot food or drink being spilt on you
    • Crush injuries from objects falling from height and hitting you (such as bottles falling off a shelf)
    • Food poisoning from eating at a pub
    • Electric shock from a faulty hand dryer in the bathroom

    These are just a few examples, and you could suffer a range of different types of injuries after an accident in a pub. The important thing is to establish who was to blame for your accident, as if negligence occurred, you could make a personal injury claim, provided it has been three years or less since your accident.

    When should you get medical help?

    Getting treatment for injuries sustained from an accident in a pub is vital. Even if you don’t think you’ve been badly hurt, it’s best to err on the side of caution and access medical assistance.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Whilst you may not need emergency help from paramedics, you may need to go to your local hospital or visit your doctor as soon as you can. Although you should access medical help to take care of your health, it is also necessary to obtain medical assistance if you plan on making a compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline will need to see evidence that you sought medical assistance after your accident, usually in the form of a medical report from your doctor, and we will also liaise with medical professionals responsible for your treatment. This helps us to ascertain how much compensation you could be entitled to.

    Can you access compensation for your injuries?

    If you’re going to make a compensation claim after an accident, you’ll need to find out who is liable for an accident in a pub. Providing you weren’t responsible for your injuries and they were caused by someone else, you should be able to make a claim, as long as you received medical treatment for your injuries. If you’re unsure who was at fault for your accident then it is a good idea to get in touch with us. We have over 16 years’ experience helping members of the public claim compensation for pub accidents and so we’re usually able to determine fairly quickly who is to blame for your accident and whether or not you are able to make a personal injury claim.

    Can you claim compensation for food poisoning?

    When most of us think about claiming compensation for injuries sustained in an accident in a pub, we think about serious injuries like broken bones and head injuries. But you could just as easily make a claim for compensation if you have suffered from food poisoning after eating out in a pub. Pubs have the same responsibilities as any establishment serving food, and if poor food hygiene has made you ill, you could be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Although most people recover from food poisoning within a few days, symptoms can persist, and if you are ill for several weeks then this could affect you financially as you may have to take time off work. We could help you to claim compensation for your lost earnings, making it easier to stay on top of your household bills whilst you recover from your injuries.

    What about the cost of taking action?

    If you think the cost of making a claim for an accident in a pub is too high, we can help. Rather than getting stuck with expensive upfront legal fees, we can help you to make a 100% no-win, no-fee* claim so you won’t have to pay anything upfront at all. We can assist you with every aspect of your claim so if you want to find out how to claim compensation for an accident in a pub, contact our personal injury team today.

    There’s a three-year time limit in place for all personal injury claims, so it’s a good idea to contact us as soon as possible after your accident in a pub. Whether you’re ready to make a claim or simply want to get some more advice from our expert team of advisors, you can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile) to access more information today.

    Date Published: 31st July 2016

    Author: Lynne Bell

    Category: Accident in a pub

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.