Claiming compensation after an accident in Elgin
If you have been hurt in an accident in Elgin you may be able to claim compensation. This short guide should give you the information you need to make a decision about whether or not to make a claim and how we can help you.
Qualifying for compensation
You can claim personal injury compensation if your accident in Elgin took place in the last three years, and that accident was someone else’s fault.
Your claim could result from an accident in Elgin that took place:
- At work
- On the road
- At home as the result of a faulty appliance or service
- As a result of inadequate medical care
- In a public place
- On holiday
Personal injury compensation can be for any physical or psychological injury or illness, however serious. Sometimes even a not-so-serious injury can have a serious impact on our lives and finances.
So no matter where your accident happened, you can claim. Your claim will take into account:
- The pain and stress of your injury/ illness
- And any monetary losses accrued as a result of your accident. These could be lost earnings, travel expenses and childcare costs, or even a missed holiday. Your lawyer will be able to help you decide what financial losses to include in your claim.
To check that you are eligible for compensation either call one of our advisors on 0800 689 0500, or use the 30 Second Compensation Calculator on our website: www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk.
Claiming your compensation.
If you are entitled to compensation following your accident in Elgin, then we can assign your claim to one of our injury lawyers who will do all that they can to make your claim successful.
All of our injury lawyers work under no win no fee contracts. The advantages of the no win no fee system are:
- That there are no upfront legal costs for you to pay.
- That because our lawyers don’t get paid unless your claim is successful, you can be 100 percent confident that your lawyer will be working his, or her, hardest to make sure that your claim IS a success.
Once your claim is in the hands of our lawyers, then hopefully for you, that will be it. The majority of the claims that we handle are settled out of court and dealt with exclusively over the phone.
- There is a chance that you may have to attend a medical, but this will be arranged at a time that is convenient for you, with a local medical professional. However, if your claim goes forward we will aim to keep it as stress-free for you as we possibly can.
We have helped thousands of people get the compensation they need and deserve after their accidents, if you would like us to help you, please call us now on 0800 689 0500. Or call 0333 500 0993 if calling from a mobile. Both lines are open 24/7 and all calls are confidential.
Date Published: 14th June 2014
Author: David Brown