Wealden, in Essex, has a population of approximately 155,000 people. Its name comes from Weald, a former forest which crosses several counties and is made up of three parts: sandstone, clay and the Greensand Ridge. Accident claims in Wealden can lead to compensation payouts and if you have been injured following an unfair accident, we would like to hear from you and offer you free support and advice about your next steps and options.
Falls from height
Some of the deadliest accidents can result from a fall from height and it is the biggest cause of death when we consider accidents in the workplace. You may need to work at height in your job if you use ladders or work on rooftops or scaffolding and you should have received training by your employer about how to stay safe.
Preventing falls from height
To prevent falls from height it is important to consider the following:
- Employees should be competent and trained to work at height
- Any ladders should be checked for damage before use and be suitable for the job at hand
- Long periods on a ladder should be avoided and you should not be up a ladder for over 30 minutes
- As much work as possible should be completed at ground level
- Do not overload a ladder or overreach
- Ensure you have support and supervision when working at height
- Wear correct safety equipment
How to make accident claims in Wealden
If you have suffered an injury after a fall from height in the last three years which required medical attention and you don’t believe you are to blame, contact Accident Advice Helpline to hear how we can help you. You could be entitled to make a claim for compensation and if you choose to make a claim we can represent you and make a claim on your behalf.
No upfront fees
To hear more about our no-win, no-fee* services and to find out how much compensation you could be eligible to receive, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 for mobiles).Open Claim Calculator
Our services come second to none and we pride ourselves on our commitment to helping victims of unfair accidents. Don’t let someone else’s negligence keep you from getting the compensation and justice you deserve, call our team for free, friendly advice.