Being involved in an accident can be distressing enough without having to spend hours on end calling and meeting solicitors to find the right one for your case, or completing complicated claims forms. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have a large pool of in-house lawyers working for us to make your claim as simple and stress-free as possible for you.
How accident claims specialists can help you
If you’ve been involved in an accident within the last 3 years that wasn’t your fault, accident claims specialists will provide you with a solicitor specialising in the area you need.
By law in the UK, every road user needs to hold valid motor insurance, every company must hold indemnity insurance and for public place accidents, the local council will need to have purchased public liability insurance. It will be these insurance companies that pay you your compensation. The accident claims specialists are lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline who operate on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so there is no financial outlay upfront.
What is no-win, no-fee*?
The no-win, no-fee* system has been in place for many years, meaning there is less financial risk involved for the claimant. You won’t have to pay anything to start your claim and if you don’t win your case, you won’t pay your lawyer’s legal fees.
What sort of accidents can you claim for?
Any sort of accident that our accident claims specialists can prove to be due to the negligence of someone else. The most popular accident claims are:
- Road accidents, as either a driver, motorbike rider, passenger or pedestrian.
- Work related accidents including slips, trips or falls.
- An accident in a public place.
You’ve been involved in an accident, what next?
- Most importantly, receive medical attention as soon as physically possible after the accident. Injuries and treatment options will need to be professionally assessed.
- Collect as much information as possible about the accident; names, addresses and statements from witnesses, photographs of injuries or the accident and medical notes are all important to help prove the accident wasn’t your fault.
- Make a claim for compensation through Accident Advice Helpline.
- You may need to attend one independent medical examination to see how the recovery process is going, and assess if you need any further medical attention for any injuries received.
- Most of our cases are settled before it gets to court by the insurance company, so there more than likely wouldn’t be any stressful court cases to attend.
If you would like to have a no-obligation discussion about a prospective claim, or to make a claim, contact our helpful and friendly team of accident claims specialists on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 1st November 2012
Author: David Brown
Category: Personal injury claims