If you are dealing with anxiety then you may find that every day is a struggle, and doing even the simplest tasks becomes a stressful thing to do. Many people are predisposed to anxiety and find that it gets better or worse depending on how much stress they have in their lives at any particular time, whilst others will suddenly start suffering from anxiety almost out of nowhere.
In other cases, something like a serious accident or injury can bring on anxiety and panic attacks which can take some time to settle down. Whatever the cause of your anxiety, having a few tips and tricks to help you to cope will help you to get on with your life.
- Get plenty of sleep. Not getting enough sleep puts your body and mind under a considerable amount of strain, which can make anxiety worse. Make sure that you are getting at least 8 hours sleep per night, and more if you can.
- Eat right. Anxiety can make you not feel like eating, but if you don’t eat then your blood sugar will plummet, causing feelings which are similar to anxiety and making your anxious feelings even worse.
- Get exercise. Not only will regular exercise make your body less likely to suffer from anxiety in the first place, getting exercise whilst you are feeling anxious is a great way of killing those anxious feelings.
- Positive thinking. Although this is easier said than done, especially for someone who is having a panic attack, trying to think positive thoughts can pull you out of an attack and make you feel more secure.
- Get help. In some cases, anxiety needs to be treated by a doctor. This is nothing to be ashamed of, and will provide you with coping mechanisms as well as medication if you need it, to help you to rid yourself of anxiety for good.
When to make accident claims in Scarborough after an accident
If you are suffering from severe anxiety due to an accident or injury which was the fault of someone else, you may be able to make accident claims in Scarborough against the negligent party. Accident claims in Scarborough offer compensation which helps you to pay for medical treatments, time off work and therapies which all help you to recover more quickly.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your accident, and find out more about accident claims in Scarborough. This will help you to decide whether or not the claims process is right for you. If you decide that you do want to proceed, you will work with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers, who will work entirely on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve, ensuring that you don’t have to go to court.