All employers throughout the country have a legal duty to make sure that you are safe while you are at work. There are health and safety laws they have to comply with and if they do not and you have an accident at work through no fault of your own, then you may be entitled to make accident claims in North Somerset for compensation.
Employers should make sure you have a safe place to carry out all of your work duties.This is a legal requirement for which they can be prosecuted if they fail in their duties and someone is injured because of their negiligence. Another legal right is for you to claim compensation from them if this is what happens to you.
How employers can avoid accident claims in North Somerset
All they need to do to avoid accident claims in North Somerset is comply with the health and safety laws, but it is surprising how many employers don’t. Of course there are some who follow the letter of the law, and their workplaces are safe to be in. But there will always be employers that put profit before anything else, and it is these employers that are putting their staff at risk.
There are many rules relating to safety, some of them general and some relating to particular trades. For instance the safety rules for working in a kitchen need to be different to the safety rules in an office, but whatever the work place, they are all available on the government website for health and safety. Some of the general rules are:
- Ensure you have enough space to work comfortably without having to constantly twist or turn
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order and that any safety devices are fitted
- Train you to use the plant and equipment and make sure you are aware of any risks
- Keep walkways free of spillages and obstructions
- Provide free of charge any protective clothing or equipment that is needed to do your job
- Keep a record of all accidents in an accident book
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
- Put procedures in place in case of an emergency such as a fire
- Carry out regular fire drills
They may be facing an injury lawyer at Accident Advice Helpline, if they fail in their duty to protect their members of staff.
Making accident claims in North Somerset with Accident Advice Helpline
If you have been injured at work and need to make a claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline. For over 14 years we have been helping workers get the compensation they were entitled to. We have assisted many thousands of claimants with their personal injury compensation claims, making the process easy and efficient for them.
Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of our friendly advisors.
They are professionals who will guide you through the processes and make the whole experience a lot less stressful for you