If you suffer a brain injury then your life could be changed forever, as could the lives of those close to you. Brain injuries sustained in accidents that were not the fault of the victim, can be very traumatic for everyone concerned, and sometimes accident claims in North Hertfordshire are made to try and ease the financial burden this type of injury can cause.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we realise that in this situation, the victim may not be capable of making the claim themselves, but they should not lose their compensation because of this reason. A family member should call us to discuss the accident and injuries, and we can advice them of the way forward in making a personal injury claim for their loved one.
The brain injuries that could result in accident claims in North Hertfordshire
There are numerous different brain injuries that could happen in an accident that was not your fault, just some of them are:
- Diffuse brain injury is where the head is shaken violently and the brain repeatedly hits the skull
- Brain confusion is where a swelling in the brain is caused by a crack or break in the skull
- Bleeding inside the skull around the brain
- Concussion is the mildest of all brain injuries, but can still have long term effects
- Closed head injury is damage to the brain without the skull being damaged
- Penetrating head injury is where something goes through the skull and into the brain
Any brain injury can have devastating effects on the victim, and they may never be like the same persona again. Some need 24 hour care and spend the rest of their lives in a nursing home, where others remain in a vegetative state from which they never recover.
Sometimes the brain heals enough for the victim to continue living at home, but some of the things the family may notice are;
- Difficulty with understanding or comprehending
- Changes to the senses of small, taste and touch
- A loss of, or altered, speech
- Loss of memory
- Finding concentrating difficult, which can shorten their attention span
- Speed of thought
- The emotional reactions can change dramatically. as can their behaviour
- A lack of co-ordination causing balancing and walking problems
- Anxiety and depression
Then there are those that given time will recover completely, but with brain injuries, they are the lucky few.
Accident Advice Helpline can help with accident claims in North Hertfordshire
At Accident Advice Helpline we have been making personal injury claims for the last 14 years. It is what we specialise in and what we excel at. Our experience and expertise means that we know how to deal with all types of injuries from all sorts of accidents, and we have many thousands of grateful customers who were injured in accidents that were not there fault.
On our website there is a test that takes just 30 seconds to find out if you qualify for compensation, and to get an estimate of how much it could be. Or you can call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123, and speak with our friendly and helpful expert claims advisors.