Many people are excited by fireworks, and why not? They are colourful, they make interesting sounds, and they help to bring people together to enjoy events such as Bonfire Night and New Year’s Eve – just two occasions in which they play a major role.
But fireworks are also dangerous. Even if you think you know what you’re doing, you could end up getting injured – perhaps severely. At Accident Advice Helpline, we have processed many claims for injuries sustained as a result of fireworks during the past 14 years and we can certainly help you if you need to get hold of an accident claims expert in Wellingborough.
Avoid firework injuries
We also want to make sure that accidents are prevented wherever possible. It’s easy to prevent a firework-related accident by following a few simple steps. If you’re planning to throw a party that involves rockets, sparklers and Catherine wheels, make sure you…
1) Plan. Where are you going to let off the fireworks? Is there sufficient space for people to stand well away from the display? Do you have a first aid kit? Can you administer first aid, or can anyone else who’s attending?
2) Keep the firework box closed. Take out one firework at a time, too. You don’t want to end up with the whole box going up because a bit of debris from the bonfire, or from a lit firework, has found its way in there.
3) Follow the instructions. Use a torch to read the guidance on each firework. It’s there for a reason.
4) Light each firework carefully. Stand back, use a taper, and hold it at arm’s length.
5) Don’t go back to a firework if you’ve just lit it. If it seems like it’s taking a long time to go off, wait – it might be getting ready, and it could go off in your face.
That’s not all! There are more rules for safe firework use on the RoSPA website, so make sure you take a look.
What if you need an accident claims expert in Wellingborough?
Of course, there’s no guarantee that you won’t need an accident claims expert in Wellingborough even if you’ve followed these guidelines to the letter. Accidents happen, whether it’s down to a manufacturing fault with the fireworks or some other unforeseen factor.
If you do get injured, you might be eligible to claim compensation, so call Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you feel ready. There’s no hurry – make sure you recover sufficiently before calling – but it’s best not to leave it too long.
Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and you can talk to an advisor whenever you like. Our lines are open 24/7, and if you don’t feel like ringing up, you can text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call from an advisor.
If you’re eligible to claim, your details will be passed to a no win no fee solicitor, who will work on your behalf. They will aim to settle your case and secure you a payout. Why not call us now?
Date Published: 1st November 2014
Author: David Brown