Sometimes it’s necessary to drive at night. It’s always advisable not to do so, because night driving is always more dangerous than daytime driving – just ask any accident claims expert in Treharris. They often process claims for injuries that have been sustained in night-time accidents that were caused by another driver.
How to drive safely at night
If you can’t take the train, or put the journey off until the following day, you should make sure you do everything possible to avoid becoming injured – or causing an injury – in an accident.
Here are some tips on night-time driving.
1) Plan your journey. Know where you’re going and have some idea of the roads you will have to take and the junctions at which you will need to change your route. Make sure you allow plenty of time for your journey.
2) Are you going with others? If you are, and they can drive – and they’re insured on your vehicle – then why not share the driving?
3) Book a hotel or B&B at some point along the route if it’s a long trip. It’s better to take longer to get there and arrive unhurt than it is to push yourself too much and end up in Accident and Emergency.
4) Take a break every two hours. Have some water, get out of the car, stretch your legs, and have a breath of air. Have a snack, too, to keep your blood sugar level up.
5) If at all possible, don’t drive when you’d normally be asleep. If you would normally go to bed at midnight, avoid driving after midnight – you will get tired very quickly.
Some drivers don’t follow these tips
If you observe these steps, you’ll be doing the right thing to make sure that you don’t cause an accident – but of course, not everyone who drives at night is as thoughtful. You might be unfortunate enough to get into an accident that’s caused by one of these drivers, and if that happens, you might suffer personal injury.
Should this happen, then you could be eligible to claim compensation through an accident claims expert in Treharris at Accident Advice Helpline. We offer a ‘no win, no fee*’ service to the victims of accidents that have been caused by someone else, and if your case is successfully settled, you will receive a payout for the accident and your expenses.
Getting in touch with an accident claims expert in Treharris
You can call Accident Advice Helpline whenever you like, because our lines are open 24/7 and are fully staffed by professional advisers. Our numbers are:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call back
Accident Advice Helpline is endorsed by Dame Esther Rantzen and has over 16 years’ experience in the field of personal injury claims – so you know you’re in safe hands. Why not make that call now to find out more about an accident claims expert in Treharris?
Date Published: 27th October 2014
Author: David Brown