If you have had a serious accident or sustained a serious injury, you may need help around the house for some time, as you may not be able to do the level of chores that you were able to do previously. Making accident claims in East Hampshire is one way to get help around the house, as you can use your compensation payout to pay for help. But a much easier way of getting help, other than processing accident claims in East Hampshire, is to ask your family to help you out for a time. It can be difficult to get kids to pitch in, when you are ill or injured though, so you may require a few tricks to get them to help as best they can.
- Set a routine. Children are more likely to be happy to do chores if they know when and where they are expected to do them, and that this is only for a specified time. Randomly assigning chores as and when you need them doing can cause children to feel resentful.
- Provide incentive. This can be a treat at the end of the week, working for their pocket money or for a special dinner.
- Give each child their own chores. Children can take pride in their chores if they know that they have specific tasks outside of what other family members do. Make sure that you always praise them when their chores are done well.
- Don’t give them anything difficult for their age. Giving a child a task which is outside of their skill set can make them frustrated and mean that they are unhappy to try anything new. Make sure that smaller children are involved, but with smaller chores.
- Buy learning toys. If you can buy toys which match up to the chores you expect your children to do, they can learn how to do the chore properly, as well as seeing it as a fun activity to do, a ‘real world’ version of their favourite games.
How to make accident claims in East Hampshire
If you still want to consider accident claims in East Hampshire as a way to pay for help around the house, as well as medical treatments and lost wages whilst you are recovering, you can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. This will put you through to a friendly, helpful team, who can talk to you about your accident and help you to decide whether or not you want to proceed with a claim, based on how likely it is to be successful. You are under no obligation to proceed after this phone call but, if you do, you will be passed over to our experienced personal injury lawyers who will be more than happy to process your claim on your behalf.
Date Published: 30th May 2014
Author: David Brown