Accident claims in Cumbria


If you are a victim of crime abroad

No one expects to be the victim of crime whilst they are on holiday, but crimes happen all over the world and you must be prepared in case something happens whilst you are away. You may actually be more at risk of being a victim of crime when you are abroad for a variety of reasons.

First of all, if you look like a tourist the criminals will know that you have little idea of how to report your crime, and may be gone long before you can chase up a crime report. In poorer countries, if you look like a tourist from a more well-off country, you may be targeted for money. In other places you may be a target if you are alone and look lost. You should do everything you can to avoid being the victim of crime but, if you are targeted, here are some ways to sort the situation out.

  • Call the emergency services. These work exactly the same as 999 in the UK, and should only be used if a crime is currently taking place or if there has been a serious crime or accident. The number for the emergency services in the European Union is 112.
  • Report the crime. Even if you do not need to call the emergency services, you should still always report a crime that has occurred. If you wait until you get home you may not be able to open a criminal investigation for your crime. Even if you do not speak the language, get to a police station and make a report.
  • Look for the British embassy. The British embassy is your port of call in any foreign country when something negative has happened. They can give you all of the information you need about legal procedures in the country you are in and help you to report the crime. They can also fill you in on any further action you can take before you head back to your own country.
  • File an insurance claim. If you have been injured and need medical attention, or have had items stolen, use the police statement you made to claim compensation there and then.

When to make accident claims in Cumbria

If the criminal who targeted you is caught, you may want to look into accident claims in Cumbria as a way to claim compensation for your holiday being ruined.

Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about accident claims in Cumbria and find out whether or not you have a good case for compensation.

The team has plenty of experience with accident claims in Cumbria of all kinds, and will offer you advice and support as well as helping you to process a claim.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )