Accident claims in Chepstow


How to take sick leave and make accident claims in Chepstow

If you have sustained an injury or become ill, then you may not be physically capable of going back to work straight away. With some types of injuries and illnesses the recovery process may be fairly long and drawn out, in which time you will need to make an arrangement with work to take leave so that you don’t end up losing your job. Your employer will often need to see proof of your illness or injury, in which case they are able to offer you sick pay. You can also get employment and support allowance if you have to take more time off than your employer can pay for.

If you have sustained a serious injury through an accident which was not your fault, accident claims in Chepstow can help you to get compensation to tide you over. Accident claims in Chepstow should be fairly easy to process if you have evidence of the other person’s negligence, but you should look for an experienced injury lawyer to help you through the process.

Accident Advice Helpline have over ten years’ experience with accident claims in Chepstow and can provide you with an experienced and professional personal injury lawyer who will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve. Your lawyer will also work on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court. You can call the helpline 24 hours a day on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

Get proof of illness

Your employer will need to see proof of illness so that they can happily let you take sick leave of over a few days. The best way to do this is to go and get a ‘fit note’ from your doctor. Your doctor should happily provide one of these for anything from a week to a number of months, as long as they believe you are too sick for work. This note will state whether or not you are fit to work, or if you are able to work with some changes (such as working from home or working less hours).

Find out about sick leave

Your employer should be able to tell you how much sick leave you can take according to your contract, so that you know how long you have before you have to try to return or think about taking on another job. If you want to stay in your job, ask your employer whether you can take holiday leave on top of sick leave.

Talk about flexible options

Most employees will be happy to talk to a valued employee about what they can do to stay employed. Perhaps you can work from home for a time, or take on less responsibility later on in your illness.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )