Making an accident claim in Tonyrefail
If you are thinking about making an accident claim in Tonyrefail, call us at Accident Advice Helpline now.
To be able to make an accident claim in Tonyrefail, you need to prove that you did not cause your accident and that another person or organisation did.
You also need to have had medical treatment soon after the accident occurred.
Your claim should usually be made within three years of the date of your accident.
Top five special damages for those making an accident claim in Tonyrefail
Special damages relate to the compensation you will receive for any costs you have incurred as a direct result of your injuries. Let’s take a look at five of the most common examples in order to give you a better idea of what you can claim for.
- Medical Expenses – There is only one place to begin and this is with medical expenses. It is likely that you will have had to pay for treatment, prescriptions and so on. You will of course be able to claim for this as special damages when you make your accident claim.
- Loss of Income – Have you suffered a loss of income due to your inability to work throughout your recovery period? Or have you missed out on overtime opportunities or bonuses? A lot of people suffer because of this. After all, not everyone is covered by sick pay, especially those that are self-employed. The good news is that this is something you can claim for.
- Counselling Expenses – Traumatic accidents and incidents can often leave people needing to have counselling in order to come to terms with their injuries. This is another cost that counts as special damages.
- Travel Costs – There are many travel costs you could face as a result of your injuries. You may have to adapt your vehicle because of the injuries you have suffered. You may need to use an alternative mode of transport for a while. You may need to travel to the hospital on a regular basis and pay the hospital’s parking fees. All of this will be covered.
- Childcare Fees – Last but not least, the final example of special damages in relation to making an accident claim in Tonyrefail is childcare fees. You may find yourself in a position where you need to hire a child minder for example, as you are unable to look after your children while you recovery from your injuries. You would not have needed this service if the incident did not occur and therefore it counts as special damages.
Call us at Accident Advice Helpline now
Call, text or complete the handy 30 second calculator on our main pages to get in touch with us at Accident Advice Helpline.
Call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or ring 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Or why not text ‘Claim365’ to 88010? We are waiting to hear from you today, so call for a no-obligation chat today.