Accident claim in Ribble Valley


What is the difference between general damages and special damages?

Are you thinking about making an accident claim in Ribble Valley? If so, it is important to know about the claim process and the way compensation is calculated. One thing that tends to confuse many people is the fact that compensation is split into two parts. There are general damages and special damages. What is the difference between the two? Read on to find out everything you need to know.

General Damages

Let’s begin by taking a look at general damages. This is the type of compensation you are probably already familiar with. It relates to the sum of money you will receive for the injury you have suffered. Therefore, it is calculated based on the severity of your injury, how your injury has impacted your daily life and how much pain you have been in since your accident. If you would like to get a better idea of how much compensation you could receive in regards to general damages you can take the 30 second test on our website.

Special Damages

Next we have special damages. This has nothing to do with the injury itself. In fact, special damages are essentially out of pocket expenses. They compensate you for the money you have had to spend during the recovery period.

Have you paid for treatment? Have you had to pay for a child minder to look after your children whilst you recover? Have you suffered a loss of income due to your inability to work? Special damages are designed to compensate you for all of this. However, you will have to have proof in order to claim, so keep your receipts and such like and tell us about them when you get in touch.

Need to claim?

Hopefully you now have a better understanding of the difference between general damages and special damages. If you want to make an accident claim in Ribble Valley or you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. We are one of the UK’s leading law firms, with over 15 years of experience helping personal injury victims to get the compensation they are entitled to.

Call Accident Advice Helpline today to make an accident claim in Ribble Valley

Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Our lines are open 24/7, so you can call us any time and we’ll get back to you if you leave a message. Call us today and let’s get started.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )