Do you need to make a workplace accident claim in Newton?
Have you suffered an injury because your employer has acted negligently? If so, you may be able to make a workplace accident claim in Newton. Did you know that there is a large number of people in the UK that have never made a personal injury claim when they actually would have been entitled to compensation?
One of the main reasons for this is because they did not realise that they were eligible for compensation in the first place. In regards to accidents that happen in the workplace, there are an unbelievable number of incidents that can result in a personal injury claim. Listed below are just some of the incidents that can give rise to compensation claims:
- Vibration white finger – This is an injury that is caused by using vibrating handheld machinery for extended periods of time or from the misuse of such machinery.
- Industrial deafness – Hearing loss and other hearing injuries can occur in noisy working environments when employers have failed to provide the necessary protective equipment.
- Repetitive strain injury – This is a condition that results in muscle injury to your upper body from excessive repetition of a particular task. This can often happen to individuals that sit at their desk working on a computer for a long period of time.
- Silicosis – This is a disease that impacts the lungs and is caused from inhaling quartz dust or silica in the workplace.
- Asbestosis – The final example is asbestosis, which is another lung disease. However, breathing in asbestos particles or fibres in the workplace generally causes this type of health problem.
Hopefully you now have a better understanding of the sheer variety of injuries and incidents that can result in a successful workplace accident claim in Newton. You simply need to be able to prove that your employer was at fault in order to be able to make a claim. However, you will generally need to make your claim within three years of the incident occurring and you’ll also need to have accessed medical help.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
If you have sustained a workplace injury, why not get in touch with us and find out more about obtaining compensation? We could even handle your claim on a no win no fee* basis so there’s no need to worry about your finances.
Simply call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and we’ll be happy to help you.
Call Accident Advice Helpline now and find out more about making a successful personal injury compensation claim.
Date Published: 10th October 2015
Author: David Brown