How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident Claim in Leicestershire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Leicestershire

    Can I make a claim if I was not the intended victim of the crime? Yes. Whether you were the intended victim or not, if you have suffered because of a criminal activity someone else was involved in, you will be able to claim.

    Can I make a claim if I have not received medical attention? It will be extremely difficult to make any type of accident claim in Leicestershire without seeing a doctor and criminal injury claims are no different. You will struggle to prove your injuries if you have not been professionally diagnosed with them. It is advisable to see a doctor as soon as possible.

    Can I still make a claim if I have not reported the incident to the police? It is extremely unlikely that you will be able to make a claim if you have not reported the incident to the police. All criminal activities need to be reported. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) has very stringent criteria in place when it comes to this.

    Is there a deadline for making this type of compensation claim? When it comes to most personal injury claims you have three years to make a claim from the date of the accident. However, when making a criminal injury accident claim in Leicestershire to the CICA, you actually usually only have two years to make your claim. Rare exceptions are made when the circumstances mean that you had a very valid reason for making a delayed claim.

    The police have not taken any action about the crime, can I still make a claim? Yes, so long as you have reported the incident to the police you can make a compensation claim irrespective of whether someone has been prosecuted or not. All you have to do is make sure you are fully cooperative with their investigations.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How do I make this type of claim? All you have to do is get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. We have a lot of experience in criminal injury claims and all of our solicitors work on a no win no fee* basis.

    How to get in touch with us to start making your accident claim in Leicestershire today!

    Call, text or complete the handy 30 second calculator on our website. The details you need are:

    Helpline numbers: 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    You can try the quick and easy 30 second test on our website.

    Or why not text ‘Claim365’ to 88010?

    Date Published: 15th November 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.