Making an accident claim in Leeds for dog bite compensation
Have you been injured as the result of a dog bite? If so, you could possibly be entitled to compensation. Read on to discover all you need to know about this type of accident claim in Leeds.
When can you make a claim for dog bite compensation?
Open Claim Calculator
In general, these cases are often not very straight forward. Nonetheless, if the dog in question has a history of being dangerous and aggressive, you will probably find that you are able to make a claim. After all, the owner has failed to safeguard the public and they have been aware of the dog’s nature. Nonetheless, it is not always easy to prove that the dog is aggressive and dangerous. This is where the gathering of witness statements and such like proves to be very important.
What do you need to do in order to have a good chance of getting compensation?
- You need to identify the owner of the dog. You will need their address and/or contact details. You also need to show that the owner is at fault for the dog bite you experienced.
- Find out whether the owner has any type of insurance that will cover their legal liability. In general home and contents insurance and pet insurance are the two kinds of insurance that will be applicable in these instances.
- You may wish to report the attack to the police. This is a good idea, as it shows you have gone down the proper channels. Moreover, you may discover that you are not the first person to be attacked by the dog.
- You need to see a doctor for your injuries. It is imperative to get the dog bite checked out professionally. If you fail to do this there will be no proof of your injuries and you will find it very difficult to make an accident claim in Leeds.
- Finally, the incident must have occurred within the last three years. This is actually the time limit on all personal injury cases.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline to begin making your accident claim in Leeds today!
Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We’re open 24/7, so you can call us any time.
You can try the 30 second test on our website, http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test. With just a few clicks, you can find out whether you’re eligible to claim.
Or you can text ‘Claim365’ to 88010.