When you start a new job it will take a little time to get used to the various procedures and rules, as well as any equipment you may be using and so on. During this time it is critical that you pay attention and try to learn everything you can about health and safety in your new job so that you can avoid a work accident claim in Nethy Bridge. If you are injured at work and the accident was not your fault then you can make an injury claim in Nethy Bridge through Accident Advice Helpline. All you need to do is call 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) and the friendly, helpful team is there to help you to process your claim and get the compensation you deserve. However, if the accident was your own fault then you will not be able to make an accident claim in Nethy Bridge. Here are some tips for staying safe when you are at work.
Staying Safe – Avoid A Work Accident Claim in Nethy Bridge
- Make sure you have adequate training. When you start a new job you will be trained on how to do the job safely. If there is anything you don’t understand or if you have any questions it is best to address these as soon as possible with your employer. This means that if any training has been left out or there is more to talk through with you then you won’t miss anything and thus make mistakes.
- Ask your supervisor to watch you for the first few days of your job so that they can gauge whether you are doing the job correctly and if you are up to the task. Many people will push through and try to keep doing a task which is too difficult for them, but this can cause injuries.
- Wear any protective equipment provided by your employer. If protective equipment is not provided and should be then speak to your employer about this straight away. You are very likely to make a successful claim for compensation if your employer has not provided everything you need to stay safe.
- Keep a copy of the safety rules and procedures, and ask what to do in an emergency. You should be adequately prepared for any situation in your job, and know how to keep both yourself and your colleagues safe should anything go wrong.
- Don’t come into work if you are tired or ill. Being overtired or ill leads to a lack of concentration, which can lead to making major mistakes which can be dangerous in some workplaces. Tell your employer straight away if you are feeling too tired or ill to work.
Making An Accident Claim in Nethy Bridge
If you have followed all of these rules but have still been involved in a workplace accident and want to claim compensation, make sure that you note down everything you did that you should have and why your employer is at fault. Don’t leave anything out as it will all be used for evidence in your injury claim in Nethy Bridge.
Date Published: 28th August 2013
Author: David Brown