How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident claim in Linlithgow

    Accident claim in Linlithgow

    Linlithgow is famous as the seat of the Stewart kings and queens and the Linlithgow Palace is still impressive even without its roof. You can do water sports on Linlithgow Loch and there is also the canal for people with a passion for narrow boats. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful, historic place, but even so, you may, at this very moment be contemplating making an accident claim in Linlithgow.

    Injury claim in Linlithgow

    You can make an accident claim in Linlithgow if you have been injured in an accident which you can prove was not your fault. You have three years in which to file your claim, although for some types of accidents, such as those which happen in the air, at airports or at sea, you only have two years. If you were the victim of a violent crime, you also only have two years in which to file a claim with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

    You can also make an injury claim in Linlithgow, or one from anywhere else in the UK, if you have been diagnosed with an illness in the last three years which you can prove was the result of another person’s negligence. These types of illnesses could be work-related ones, or those such as food poisoning after a meal at a restaurant, MRSA contracted whilst in hospital or Legionnaire’s Disease, perhaps contracted whilst on a foreign holiday.

    Holiday illnesses and accidents

    If you have an illness (or an accident) which you can prove was the fault of another person’s negligence, you may be able to make an injury claim. If you were on holiday in the UK, then the claim would be relatively straightforward, just as though you had suffered an injury (for example) in your home town. However, if you had an accident or an illness whilst on holiday abroad, the claim would be a little more complicated.

    If you booked a foreign package holiday with a UK tour operator and you had an accident at your hotel which you could prove was caused by the negligence of the hotel owner or the staff, then you would have grounds on which to make a personal injury compensation claim against the UK tour operator on your return to Britain. The hotel owner and the staff are deemed to be representatives of the UK tour operator. If, however, you had an accident in the local town, or if you had food poisoning after eating at a local restaurant, then, although it would be possible to make a claim, you would have to do so in the country where the accident or illness happened.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you wish to make any personal injury compensation claim call us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice. Call at any time, any day of the year. The numbers to call are 0800 689 0500 for landline calls and 0333 500 0993 for mobiles. Why not call now?

    Date Published: 14th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.