How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident claim in Hurst

    Perhaps you live in Hurst and are contemplating making an injury claim. You may have had an accident which was not your fault in which you were injured. If you can prove this was not your fault, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation. You can also make an accident claim in Hurst if you were involved in an accident with a hit-and-run driver, or with one that had no insurance and was driving illegally.

    You can also claim for illnesses which you can prove were the result of another person’s negligence. The person responsible may have been your employer, or the owner of a local restaurant, if you had to be treated for food poisoning after eating at one.

    Making an accident claim in Hurst

    There are many different types of accidents and each one is unique. Injuries and the severity of an illness also vary, so no one can tell you with absolute certainty how much you might receive in compensation if your accident claim in Hurst is successful.

    When you first meet with your accident solicitor he or she will not be able to tell you how much compensation you could receive. This is because the solicitor will need to be in possession of your medical record and to do research before he or she can give you an estimate of the amount you could receive. Research must be done into the amounts of compensation awarded in recent years for injuries such as yours. The solicitor will also have to study your medical report and consult the Judicial College’s guidelines (these are still referred to as the Judicial Studies Board guidelines).

    Compensation is given so that you are not worse off because of your accident than you were before it. You can claim expenses related to your injury, if you keep receipts. These are expenses which you would not have had if you had not had your accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You receive compensation for your pain, distress and suffering, so the more severe your injuries, the more compensation you will receive. If you suffered life-changing injuries, you should receive compensation to pay for adapting your home to suit your new circumstances, as well as for medical equipment and care and medical treatment for the rest of your life if necessary.

    You can also claim for loss of amenity, which means that if you cannot do something which you used to enjoy doing, such as gardening perhaps, you will receive compensation for this.

    Loss of earnings also is factored in to compensation awards if you had to take time off work because of your injuries.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need advice and guidance in order to pursue an accident claim in Hurst, or any other personal injury compensation claim, we at Accident Advice Helpline are here to give you expert legal advice. You can call us night or day every day of the year on our freephone number. You can call 0800 689 0500 from a landline free of charge or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile (your provider may charge you). Call now for expert legal advice.

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.