Accident Claim in the City of Edinburgh


A friend of mine recently asked me if there were any changes coming as a result of devolved powers to Scotland in personal injury law. He’s in the process of making an accident claim in the City of Edinburgh after he was injured in the workplace. And since he moved to Scotland only a year or so ago, he was uncertain how the law applies north of the border.

Making an accident claim in the City of Edinburgh

When looking for firms to help him make a claim he had found that a number of law firms that provided coverage across England and Wales did not offer the same services in Scotland. This is because the rules are slightly different with personal injury claims and although those differences aren’t massive you do need to be aware of them.

For example, the vast majority of cases are not heard in the court system. And if they do then they go to the Sheriffs Courts or the Court of Session. There are also slightly different charging guidelines which means you could end up paying a little more. All this is enough to have some law firms deciding it is just simpler from their point of view not to dabble in Scottish personal injury claims, but at Accident Advice Helpline we take a different view.

We’re able to provide a service across the whole of the UK, and although that may or may not have changed had Scotland decided to go their own way, our service remains unchanged and will adapt to any changes in the law which come over the next few years.

Get advice

To find out about his rights, therefore, I suggested my friend call Accident Advice Helpline and tell them he is looking to make personal injury claims in Scotland. They would be able to tailor their advice according to his situation to ensure he gets the right information he is looking for. If they decide to take on his case they will provide all the help and support he needs – and so the best they can to improve his chances of a successful claim.

Paying for an accident claim in the City of Edinburgh

Of course the one thing they cannot do is guarantee a win which is why we work on the basis of no win no fee*. Also known as the conditional fee arrangement this is a guarantee that if you do not win your case you will not have to pay a single penny. It’s been popular in England and Wales for many years and it also applies in Scotland.

So if you’d like to know more about how we can help you make an accident claim in the City of Edinburgh, why not call us on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

Alternatively, you could visit for more information.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )