What is an accident claim centre?
The phrase accident claim centre is often used to describe a claims management company that handles personal accident compensation claims. A claims management company generally offers to take on the administration and co-ordination of a personal injury claim, and outsources to a solicitor to handle the legal processes. In return, the company will usually expect either a flat fee or a percentage of the compensation award.
Is Accident Advice Helpline an accident claim centre?
No. Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm, with an extensive team of in-house lawyers. We do, however, provide a fully inclusive personal injury claims service that encompasses all administration and organisation of legal expertise on your behalf.
Are there good and bad accident claim centre companies?
Yes. Unfortunately like any industry there are good and bad examples of the services on offer. Here are some of the ‘pointers’ to a good personal injury law firm:
- A good accident law firm should be available 24 hours a day on a freephone number. They should offer you no-obligation advice from friendly, professional advisers.
- A good company will be open and transparent about the costs of making a claim. They should offer to take your case on a no-win, no-fee* basis and fees should only become payable when the compensation is awarded. Avoid any company that asks for fees upfront – this puts you at financial risk as there is no guarantee that your case will be successful.
- A good company will be honest and realistic about the services they offer. Some companies may offer you “100% success guaranteed” or promise that you will “keep 100% of your compensation”, but this cannot be true in every single case.
- A good accident claim centre will explain to you that they will do everything they can to claim your legal costs from the other party, but that in some cases, this will not be possible.
- The number of years that a company has been in business will give you an idea of how stable and responsible they are. For example, Accident Advice Helpline have been offering personal injury services for more than 15 years.
- We believe that our success is due to our excellent customer service and communication skills, as well as our policy of offering transparent and honest advice.
- Look at the feedback or endorsements a company has attracted. A strong company will have engaged with the media, newspaper and magazine articles or interviews. These can give you an idea of how well established and reliable the accident claim centre is.
- Also look at any recommendations or endorsements. For example, Accident Advice Helpline has been looked at carefully by consumer champion, Dame Esther Rantzen who was so pleased with our services and results that she was happy to become our patron and give her approval to our company.
At the end of the day, ensure that you do your homework, but once you have decided on a personal injury specialist, call them. It’s only by speaking to them that you will get to know what they can offer and whether they will meet your needs.
Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.
Category: Personal injury claims