How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident book claim

    Accident book claim

    If you have been hurt in the workplace within the last three years or you have developed an illness as a direct result of the job you do, then you may be able to receive compensation as a result of an injury work claim.  However, due to the delicate nature of the relationship between a worker and an employer, people usually feel awkward or embarrassed about the claims process and many do not pursue it.  This is exactly where Accident Advice Helpline can help:  If you have been hurt at work you have an entitlement to claim compensation from your employer’s insurance company and we can look after the whole process for you. 

    What are the responsibilities of employers?

    According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the government body which aims to reduce work-related death, injury and ill health, under UK law employers are required to:

    • Do whatever is reasonably practicable to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who could be affected by their business.
    • Carry out regular risk assessments.
    • Control anything in the workplace which could pose a risk to health or cause injury.
    • Advise employees on any risks in the workplace and provide training on how to deal with these.
    • Consult employees on health and safety issues in the workplace.
    • Write in the company accident book claim relevant details of any worker’s injury if they have been incapacitated for more than three days.
    • Report any injuries sustained in the workplace which have left an employee incapacitated for a seven days or more.

    What is the significance of the accident book?

    Under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations law (RIDDOR), employers must record all details of injuries which have been sustained by workers and left them incapacitated for at least three days.  Therefore this makes an accident book claim relevant.

    Is the accident book claim evidence?

    In short, yes.  The accident book is a valuable document used by both employee and employer to record details of serious injury which has been sustained in the workplace.  In order to claim compensation for a work-related injury, you need to able to support your case with relevant evidence of the injury sustained:  What exactly happened, how it happened and who witnessed the incident.

    Share your accident book claim relevant information

    At AAH we work on a strictly ‘no win no fee*’ basis with our extensive team of specialist lawyers, many of whom are specialists in dealing with work-related claims.  Once we have found the most suitable lawyer to deal with your particular case, they will be remain in close contact with you, using vital evidence such as accident book entries to complete the paperwork necessary to make your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To discuss an accident or injury you have sustained at work, call our helpline on 0800 180 4 123.  There will be someone on hand to speak to you when you need them, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

    Date Published: 25th February 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Health and safety at work

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.