The civil parish of Blantyre in South Lanarkshire has a population of just over 17,500 people. It’s here that the 19th-century explorer David Livingstone was born. He was the first European to see the Victoria Falls and today his birthplace has been turned into a National Trust museum. Blantyre has a rural feel yet lies just eight miles from Glasgow city centre, ensuring its popularity as a dormitory area for the city. If you have been injured whilst commuting to work in Glasgow then you may be wondering whether you are eligible to claim compensation for an accident in Blantyre. There are several criteria which you will have to meet in order to be eligible to claim personal injury compensation:
- Your accident must have happened in the last three years
- Somebody else must have been responsible for your accident
- You must have sustained injuries for which you sought medical treatment
If you can say ‘yes’ to all these statements then you’re probably going to be able to make a personal injury claim, and Accident Advice Helpline can help you.
How have you been injured in an accident in Blantyre?
There are all sorts of accidents that could happen, but some of the most common accidents are road traffic accidents. If you have been injured in an accident in Blantyre whilst commuting to work, it’s important that you ask yourself who was to blame. It may be that nobody is at fault but equally it could be that the other driver was responsible for your accident – and they could be ordered to pay you compensation. Here are just a few examples of the types of things which could cause a road traffic accident:
- Driver distracted at the wheel – for example using their mobile phone or eating
- Speeding driver, particularly in poor weather conditions
- Driver failing to stop at road signs or traffic lights, or not giving way at a junction
- Driver not noticing you pulling out of a parking space
- Driving dangerously on a motorway or dual carriageway, causing a pile-up
- Swerving to avoid hazards on the road
- These are just a few examples of driver error that could lead to an accident which leaves you injured.
- How serious are your injuries?
Road traffic accident injuries can range from minor injuries to life-changing injuries, and if you’ve been a victim of somebody else’s negligence then you deserve to be compensated. You may have been lucky enough to escape with whiplash or unlucky enough to sustain a serious head injury in a high-speed collision. Whatever has happened, if you had an accident in Blantyre we could help you to claim the compensation you are entitled to, and we don’t charge any upfront fees for our services.
Our lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis, so claiming is affordable regardless of your circumstances. Why not pick up the phone and call our freephone helpline today on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile, to find out if you could make a claim with us?
Date Published: 3rd August 2017
Author: Rob Steen