How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident solicitor

    Accidents at work do happen, even if employers take the correct steps and reduce risks as much as possible, employees can still encounter an accident. If you have been injured as a direct result of a workplace accident you need to consult a qualified accident solicitor.

    Workers compensation legislation can enable the claimant to fund medical bills, living expenses whilst you are unable to work, rehabilitation and any other associated costs. An employers worker’s compensation insurance is liable to pay these costs.

    If you have been injured in an accident whilst at work, often there is workers compensation in place which allows you to claim certain types of benefits. Benefits from this particular type of compensation can pay for things such as medical fees, loss of earnings, rehabilitative care or any disability related benefits which have been incurred because of your workplace accident.

    Your accident solicitor will be able to advise on what you can claim and how. The insurance taken out by your employer should be adequate in order to pay these fees.

    Types of claims an Accident solicitor can help with

    • Physical injuries which have been traumatic
    • Repeated injuries which have been traumatic
    • Injuries to your mental state
    • Occupational diseases

    It is important that as soon as practicable after your workplace accident you ensure that your employer are fully aware of the accident and any medical professionals have been consulted. It is important however that you inform the medical profession that your injuries have been sustained as a direct result of a workplace accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Once you have sought medical advice and recuperated from your accident, you can seek the advice from a qualified accident solicitor who is experienced in pursuing claims for workplace accidents or occupational diseases. Written notification of your accident or occupational disease also needs to be forwarded to management of the organisation where you work.

    Accident solicitors for non-workplace accidents

    If you have an accident outside of work either on the road or a slip, trip or fall which wasn’t your fault you may also be able to pursue a claim through an accident solicitor. As with workplace accidents, ensure that your case is well documented, take photographs of your injuries, collect any evidence from witnesses or other parties involved and consult a medical professional who can officially document your injuries.

    All of this information is essential for your claim and an accident solicitor will be able to use this information to put together a strong case. In order to pursue a claim it is important that the relevant documentation is gathered and collated by your accident attorney who will be working on your claim. Contact Accident Advice Helpline today to speak to one of our friendly advisers about your accident claim.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 8th November 2012

    Author: joanna

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.