How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident at work in West Dunbartonshire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in West Dunbartonshire

    If you suffer an accident at work in West Dunbartonshire from which you sustain an injury, and your employer is to blame, you may be entitled to raise a personal injury claim for compensation, and we here at Accident Advice Helpline can offer you the help you need to launch your claim.

    Your employer has a duty of care

    It doesn’t matter what your occupation is, or where it is within your company that you work. You may work on the factory floor; you may work in the stores; you may work in a loading bay, or you might work in an office. Wherever it is that you are required to carry out your work duties, your employer has a duty of care to ensure that you are able to do so under safe circumstances.

    Carrying out risk assessments

    In order to manage the health and safety of employees in whatever capacity they are employed, any employer must carry out risk assessments for each and every operation that an employer is expected to undertake. The person carrying out the risk assessment must fully understand the importance and significance of carrying out risk assessments and must be deemed capable of doing so. There is plenty of help on the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) website, and sample forms for guidance also.

    The risk assessment process

    The risk assessment process consists of:

    • Identifying any hazards that may cause employees harm
    • Identifying those employees who may be at risk in the workplace
    • Identifying why it is that those employees could be at risk
    • Evaluating risks and hazards
    • Mitigating risks and hazards
    • Recording each risk assessment carried out
    • Continually reviewing the risk assessment process

    The reporting of incidents in the workplace

    Every employer, no matter how small, must nominate someone who is responsible for managing health and safety in the workplace. It is important that an accident book should be kept in which all accidents are recorded under the RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) process.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming for an accident at work in West Dunbartonshire

    If you’ve had an accident at work in West Dunbartonshire, and you believe your employer to be liable, contact us here at Accident Advice Helpline and we’ll help you to take the necessary steps to launch a claim.

    How much is your injury claim worth?

    To find out how much compensation you might be owned you can visit Accident Advice Helpline’s website and use the HOW MUCH calculator located on the homepage. Just answer 4 simple questions:

    • Did your injury happen within the past three years?
    • Who is to blame for the accident?
    • Did your injury require medical attention?
    • Which part of your body was injured?

    You’ll be given an estimate within 30 seconds.

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline we operate a ‘no win, no fee’ system which is unreservedly recommended by Esther Rantzen. To find out more, visit our website, or call our free 24/7 helpline on 0800 689 0500 from any landline, or 0333 500 0993 from any mobile.

    Date Published: 14th May 2014

    Author: Howie

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.