How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident abroad compensation

    Each year, a large number of people have accidents abroad which all but ruin their holidays. Travel insurance can help with emergency medical care and can get you back to the UK if necessary. However, travel insurance does not cover everything.

    Accident abroad compensation claims – the facts

    Under UK law, if you are injured in an accident that was somebody else’s fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation. This is providing you start your claim within three years of the date of your accident. It is different with accidents abroad because different countries have different legal systems. So it will depend on where you were injured and who was to blame for your injury.

    Will you have to make your accident abroad compensation claim in a foreign court?

    Generally, compensation claims following accidents abroad should be dealt with in the country in which the accident occurred. However, it depends on who was to blame for the accident. If you are injured in a hotel and the hotel was to blame, you would make an accident abroad claim for compensation from the hotel. That compensation claim would be made in the country where the hotel was situated.

    It may be that the travel agent did not check that the hotel was safe and therefore, they would share some of the blame. If that was the case, you may be able to set up an accident abroad claim for compensation from the travel agent. If the travel agent was UK-based, that compensation claim would be made in the UK.

    How do you claim accident abroad compensation?

    Although there is nothing to stop you making a compensation claim on your own, you are more likely to get the full amount of compensation that you deserve if you use the services of a professional law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline. We will be able to advise you whether or not you have a valid compensation claim, and make sure that you claim is presented in the best possible way.

    Open Claim Calculator

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have been helping people secure compensation following an injury caused by an accident that was not their fault since the year 2000. Our patron is TV presenter and consumer rights champion, Dame Esther Rantzen. Our legal legal team is made up of experts who specialise in personal injury compensation claims. All of our solicitors operate on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so you don’t need to pay any up-front fees to start your claim.

    Amount of accident abroad compensation

    Generally, Accident Advice Helpline can process your claim via telephone. Claimants are not normally required to attend court in person, although you may need to attend a medical assessment to record your injuries. The amount of compensation you receive cannot be guaranteed because it varies depending on the circumstances of your claim. However, because our legal panel contains experts who specialise in compensation claims, using Accident Advice Helpline gives you the best chance of getting the right outcome. Give us a call on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or from your mobile phone on 0333 500 0993.

    Category: Accident abroad

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.